2009年7月2日木曜日

July and whats coming


Any day now...any day now the "rainy season" here in Japan will be finishing up and the sun will be coming out to play. Its not so much the running and cycling in the rain that irritates and annoys so much as its the constant soggyness of everything. My shoes are always wet. My clothes wont dry out totally. My gloves are a little heavy still from the workout the night before and even in my room there is a bit of a dampness that generally sucks. That is June in Tokyo. July however brings a weather change and with it alot of good opportunities to be outside putting myself through painful endeavors of all sorts. So although there are no events planned for july, the training goals are all very real. I will probably (if they find someone for me) have a fight in august, in Tokyo. So this means what? I have to work on my combinations and my head kick with my coach Noi. I need to drop a few more kilos and I have to keep on keeping on with the high intensity cardio (the stairs). September however is the Kyoto 100 K so I also need to put some serious mileage down in prep for that little tea party. It should be something like this.... Weekly average on the road - about 60 miles. Mornings flying up and down stairs per week- 3 days in the gym practicing to bring the pain per week- 5 cross training per week- basically everyday cycling or swimming 2 or 3 times a week. I will also be heading to Mount Fuji once again with Keith for a quick up and down, its a decent quad workout. July should be good. Good meaning painful.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿